In majority of the countries today there are various programs for seniors created with the purpose of ensuring them enjoyable and active aging. However, most of them have in common the fact that they were created by people outside this age group. No matter the fact that their quality was never questionable, they just weren’t accepted to the degree that was expected. The consequence being that a pretty large number of seniors is socially excluded, which became more than obvious during the global COVID-19 pandemic. Partners in the “Inactivity is not an option“ project believe that greater activity, intergenerational cooperation and social inclusion of seniors can only be stimulated by programs created with them being involved. Here one has to bear in mind that today’s seniors belong to the so called “Baby Boom” generation and they have certain issues with key competences (EU, 2018) that prevent them from getting included and being active. For those reasons, this project is ruled by following objectives:
- create and promote an innovative lifelong education system directed at seniors individuals as a framework for instigation of their activity;
- develop quality innovative tools as an enticement to start creating programs for seniors, both individuals and groups (guidelines, programs, guides, …);
- contribute to proper understanding of the EU value system and possibility of senior activism;
- promote the Erasmus+ program that makes provision for networking and brings along a transnational component as well as new notions and values for seniors;
- encourage the volunteering system based on the axes senior educator – senior volunteer – user creator;
- merge experience with energy through intergenerational cooperation for the well-being of individuals and society as a whole and encourage networking of high school volunteers in these activities.
In order to meet the said objectives, this project offers four intellectual outputs:
O1: Guidelines for development of senior competences
O2: Development of the L – N – A system for seniors (L – Learn, N – Network, A – Act) in the form of a Guide through the system
O3: Curriculum for the training of trainers/teachers, seniors-educators and seniors volunteers in form of a program
O4: How to get results? In form of a Collection.